- This event has passed.
2023 OKCC Members Camping Trip- Klickitat River
June 24 @ 8:00 am - June 25 @ 5:00 pm PDTFree
Mark your calendars for the annual OKCC members campout and paddling weekend!
- We will be camping at Leidl campground on the Klickitat this year, and there will be 2 club led paddles. Saturday June 24th: a Class III run from Parrot Crossing to Summit Creek Bridge, led by Carl Hansen & Chris Massey. Sunday June 25th: a Class II run from Icehouse to Turkey Hole, led by Karla Bergstrom. Please contact the pertinent trip leaders if you have questions about the respective runs. (As with all OKCC trips, a properly fitted whitewater helmet & pfd, whistle, float bags, appropriate immersion gear and a signed OKCC waiver are required to participate in on-water activities).
- Hot Dogs and Burgers will be provided Saturday night (bring your own sides and adult beverages if you so desire), breakfast will be provided Sunday. Snacks and basic sandwich fixin's will also be available.
- Please note that a Washington State Discover Pass is required to park at all put ins/take outs/ campgrounds.
- Amenities are limited. Water is not available at the campground so please bring enough water for your party. The sites are large enough to pull trailers in, but there are no hookups. Pit toilets only. There are enough trees for hammocks.
- There is already a fire ban in effect in Klickitat County, this means NO wood, charcoal or solid fuel fires or stoves of any kind. Propane stoves and firepits with a shutoff valve are OK.
From Klickitat: travel NE on SR 142 approximately 9.6 miles, turn left on Glenwood Hwy.Go 11 miles to Leidl Bridge. Across the bridge, access sites are on both sides of road, ramp is on south side of road.
From Goldendale: Travel west on SR 142 11 miles, turn right on Glenwood Hwy. Go 11 miles to Leidl Bridge. Across the bridge, access sites are on both sides of road, ramp is on south side of road.
- Morning-Free time for people to trickle in/set up camp
- Class III Paddle people-meet at 10:30 am at Leidl to start setting up shuttle
- Dinner ~5-6 pm (burgers and hot dogs provided including a vegetarian option. Bring your own sides and adult beverages).
- Breakfast ~9 am
- Pack up camp
- Class II people: Meet at Turkey Hole campground at 1 pm (about 40 minutes from Leidl) to set shuttle.
Hope we see you all for a fun weekend paddling in the sun!